Justin Tossey (Doseff lab) was awarded the American Heart Association undergraduate research fellowship.
The following students received NMS presentation awards:
- Jennifer Bosse - MG major working with Keith Slotkin. Jennifer will join the MCDB graduate program next fall.
- Matthew Tegowski - PCMB major working with Rebecca Lamb. Matt will matriculate in the UNC graduate program this fall.
- Justin Tossey - Justin is a micro major conducting undergraduate research with Andrea Doseff
Congratulations to the 2011 Pelotonia Undergraduate Scholarship Awardees
- Veda Chokshi - Molecular Genetics - The Role of E2F7 and E2F8 in Cell Cycle Control and Tumorigenesis (Leone lab)
- Ryan Dixon - Chemistry - Visualizing the dynamic localization and behavior of the Ras/MAPK pathway in germline apoptosis of C .elegans (Chamberlin lab)
- Benjamin Kaumeyer - Biochemistry - Identification of cell specific target genes for a Pax transcription factor in C. elegans (Chamberlin lab)
- Jonathan Lee - Molecular Genetics - A Genome-wide Screening of Drosophila melanogaster to Identify Endoreduplication-specific Factors (Asano lab)
- Melissa Mauntel - Molecular Genetics & International Studies - AKT-1 Independent Functions of Tumor Suppressor PTEN (Leone lab)
- Carlee Schaefer - Molecular Genetics - Use and Optimization of TAP-tagged Herpesvirus Protein to Identify Novel Host Protein Interactions (Parris lab)
- Nandini Sharma - Molecular Genetics - The Role of PKCβ in Breast Cancer Progression (Ostrowski lab)
- Breonna Slocum - Microbiology & Spanish - Establishing the Link between Pax Transcription Factors and Acyl-CoA Synthetase in Cancer Biology (Chamberlin lab)