The Departments of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Microbiology and Molecular Genetics at the Ohio State University will host an
REU program in Molecular Biology sponsored by The National Science Foundation
during the summer of 2022.
Official Program Dates: May 23 to July 22, 2022
Application Deadline: February 15, 2022
This program provides a cohesive framework for undergraduate research, focusing on the use of model organisms and molecular biology techniques to address fundamental questions in biology, while preparing students for successful graduate study in molecular life sciences.
Students are expected to be on site full time during the program.
- Laboratory safety training and laboratory procedure workshops
- Full-time research activities
- Training in scientific writing and communication
- Training in responsible conduct of research and research ethics
- Social activities
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Current full-time enrollment in a U.S. college or university
- Completion of basic course work in chemistry, biology and physics
- Persons from groups underrepresented in science are strongly encouraged to apply
- Applications from students with disabilities are encouraged and will be accommodated through Student Life Disabilities Services
- Sophomores and Juniors are especially encouraged to apply, but strong applications from Freshmen will be considered
- Participants must be at least 18 years old on the first day of the program
- Applications from students with limited research opportunities or from 2 year institutions are highly encouraged
- Stipend of $6,000
- Housing in university dormitory
- Meal allowance
Please submit all questions or concerns about the program to email@example.com.